Create a Team
Endpoint Cloud uses Teams to organize your devices into groups.
Every Team has a:
- Policy: Defines when the devices in the Team will be backed up and also what Data Loss Prevention and Migration settings the devices will use.
- Vault: Defines where the backup data for the devices in the Team will be stored.
When you create a Team, you choose a Policy and Vault. You can also edit a Team to change its name or to associate it with a different Policy or Vault.
Create a Team
You can create a new Team and then assign a Policy and Vault to it. When the Team is set up, you can assign your devices to it.
You should create a new Team if:
- There are no Teams in your Endpoint Cloud
- The existing Teams do not meet your requirements, for example, they do not use Data Theft Prevention, but you need it for your devices
- The existing Teams back up to a Vault that is inappropriate for your devices.
To create a Team:
- There are three ways to create a Team - from the Inventory page, Protection page, or from the Teams section on the Settings page. So you can either:
Click Settings and use the Teams section.
- Click Create Team (bottom-left corner of the Inventory or Protection screen, top-right on the Teams - Settings page).
- Enter a name for the new Team.
- Use the Assign a Policy combo-box to choose the Policy for the Team. All devices in the Team will use the settings defined in the Policy (schedule for backups, data loss prevention settings, etc.).
- Use the Assign a Vault combo-box to choose the storage area that will be used to store the backup data for the devices in the Team.
- Click Save Team.
Your new team appears in the Teams section of the Inventory page and Protection page. It also appears in the list of Teams on the Settings page).
- Repeat steps 2-6 inclusive to create as many new Teams as you need.
Creating a Team from the Inventory:
Creating a Team from the Protection page:
Creating a Team from the Settings page: