Step 6 - Install the Active Directory Connector
The Active Directory Connector (AD Connector) is an application that Endpoint Cloud uses to authenticate your user accounts, so that your encrypted data is only available to authorised users.
You should install the AD Connector on a domain-joined Windows server that is on your business premises.
To install and register the AD connector, you will need to log on to your server via a domain administrator user account that has permission to register a service principal name (SPN) for Kerberos authentication. See Service Principal Names
To download, install, and register the AD Connector software:
- Click Settings.
- Click Active Directory.
- Click Download Ad Connector to download the endpointcloud-adconnector executable file. You will need to copy this file to your local server.
- Log on to the server on which the AD Connector will run. You need to log on via a domain admin user account that has permission to register a Service Principal Name (SPN) for Kerberos authentication.
The AD Connector installation will fail if you log on via a user account that does not have permission to register SPNs.
- Copy the endpointcloud-adconnector executable file to the server and then run it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
You can install to any directory (the default location is the C drive).
When you complete the installation steps, the files begin to extract and install. When the files are installed, the installation wizard asks if you want to register.
- Make sure Register Now is checked and then click Next.
- Enter the registration details:
- Domain: The name of your Endpoint Cloud tenant. This is often the name of your organization and it is the first part of the address for your Endpoint Cloud.
- Username: Enter the email address of an Endpoint Cloud account that has the Security Officer role. Only Security Officer user accounts have the permission to register an AD Connector.
- Password: Enter the password for the Endpoint Cloud account.
- Domain: Enter the Domain name for the organization.
- Alias: Enter the name of the AD Connector as it will appear in Endpoint Cloud.
- Click Register and Finish.
Next: Step 7 - Create a Policy
You can find out about the AD Connector in this article: