Running a backup from the Agent
There are three ways that your data can be backed up to Endpoint Cloud:
- Endpoint Cloud backs up your activated devices automatically, at the intervals defined in the Policies for your devices (see Schedule the Automatic Backups).
- You can start a manual backup remotely from Endpoint Cloud (see Run a Remote Backup from Endpoint Cloud).
- You can start a manual backup from a local, activated device (see below).
Each activated device should have the Protection Agent software installed. This agent is needed if you are going to make a manual backup from a local device.
- Right-click on the Protection Agent icon in the Windows system tray.
- Click Backup Now to start a backup.
The Protection Agent options are unavailable if a backup or restore is already taking place (for example, if the device is being backed up automatically by Endpoint Cloud).