Filtering the Inventory Page
By default, the Inventory page shows information for all Teams and devices. But, if required, you can filter the Inventory page so that it only shows information that meets certain criteria. For example, you can filter the Inventory page so that it only shows information for devices in one particular Team.
There are several ways you can filter the Inventory page (or parts of the Inventory page):
Filter by Team
You can use the Teams sidebar to filter the Inventory page so that it only shows information about the devices in certain Teams. For example, you could set the Inventory page to only show information for a "Finance" Team and an "HR" Team.
If you use the Teams sidebar to filter the Inventory page, all of the information panels and the devices list are filtered.
- Click Inventory.
- In the Teams section, click on:
- All Devices to display information about all devices in all teams (this is the equivalent of removing the Team filter)
- Unassigned to display information only for those devices that are not yet assigned to a Team
- <Team name> to display information about the devices in a specific Team.
You can select multiple Teams in the sidebar by holding down Ctrl and clicking on each Team. The Inventory page will then update to include information from all of the Teams you selected.
When you select a Team or Teams, the Inventory page refreshes and the information displays and devices list are filtered. They only show information about devices in the selected Team(s).
Click All Devices in the Teams sidebar to remove the filter.
Use a Search to Filter the Devices List
You can use the Search feature to filter the devices list so that it only includes devices that have certain values. For example, you can use the Search to filter the list so that it only shows devices with a particular name (or prefix to a name). This is useful if you have a consistent device naming scheme and you only want to view particular devices. For example, you may have devices that begin with names starting with ERL, and so you can search for ERL.
You can use the Search to filter the devices list by any text value, including Device name, User name, and Team name.
To apply a search filter:
- Click the search icon above the devices list.
- Enter the first characters of the text value you want to use as the filter. Endpoint Cloud applies the filter as you type, so you can do partial matches or you can enter the full text value to be more specific.
Filter the Devices List by Selected Criteria
You can filter the devices list so that it only shows devices that match your chosen criteria.
To filter the devices list:
- Click the filter icon () to display the slide-in Filters options.
- Expand the Filter categories and select the filters criteria that you want to apply. The devices list will only show devices that match all of the criteria you select.
- Click Apply.
You can choose any of these filter options:
|Device Status||Filter devices based on their activation status.||
|Activation Status||Filter the list so that it only shows devices with a particular activation status.||
|Active Directory OU||Filter by a devices Active Directory Organization Unit. This OU data comes from the discovery agent on the user device.||List of available OUs|
|Discovery Agent||Filter the list so that it only shows devices that are using a particular version of the Discovery Agent software.||List of available Discovery Agents|
To remove the filters, click the Filter icon and click Reset (or uncheck each of the filter boxes).
Show or Hide Columns on the Devices List
You can choose to show or hide columns on the devices list. For example, you may not be interested in which version of the Discovery Agent was used to discover a device, and so you can hide it from view.
To show/hide columns, click on the Columns icon and then choose which columns to include. For a description of each column, see Inventory Page.