Preparing for a Full Remote Migration
Before you can migrate the following checks are needed:
Source and target machines need to be prepared
- Both machines need to be in an Active state and visible in the Protection window on Endpoint Cloud.
- The relevant user needs to be logged in on both machines.
- The target machine needs to have Windows and Applications installed prior to migration. Many customers make use of a standard company image for their machines.
Preparing the target device
- There needs to be sufficient disk size on the target device.
- It's important that the disk configuration or partitioning is the same on both devices. If the source device has a C:\ & D:\ volume for example and the target device only has a C:\ volume, then the migration of the data on D:\ will fail.
- Ensure that applications like MS Office, Antivirus and other company applications are installed prior to running the migration. The Inventory information on Endpoint Cloud will show all applications that is installed on the source device.
- Discover and activate the target device in Endpoint Cloud if it is not active and visible on the Protection window as yet.
What can I expect from the migration?
The Full Remote Migration feature will copy all user data and profile settings to the target device.
What will be included under the profile settings?
- E-mail profile for Microsoft Outlook
- E-mail signatures
- E-mail archive files (PST files)
- Mapped drive locations
- Network printers
- Customized folder views
- Task bar preferences
What will be excluded from the migration?
- Built-in file excludes like executables, system files and temporary files
- Locked files will be excluded
- Disks and volumes that do not exist on the target device
- The migration will fail if the target disk size is smaller
- Locally attached printers will not be included
- The desktop background will not be migrated