Installing & Deploying the Discovery Agent
You can use Endpoint Cloud's Discovery Agent to find out:
- How much of your business data is at risk
- How much storage space you will need to back up and protect your devices.
The Discovery Agent is free and gives you an overview of your devices and data. You should install it on every device that you would like to back up and protect with Endpoint Cloud.
Download the Discovery Agent
You can download and install the Discovery Agent on every device that you want to be included in the Endpoint Cloud inventory. Do not install the Discovery Agent on your local server or cloud server.
On a device that you want to be discovered:
- Log in to Endpoint Cloud as an administrator.
If your Endpoint Cloud has not discovered any devices yet, the Inventory page contains no device information and advises you to download the discovery agent.
If your Endpoint Cloud has discovered devices, the Inventory page shows information about those devices.
- If your Endpoint Cloud has not discovered any devices, click Download Discovery Agent to start downloading a Discovery Agent that is specific to your Endpoint Cloud. (The Discovery Agent MSI package is downloaded in your browser).
If your Endpoint Cloud has discovered devices previously, click the download icon at the top right, above the Data Discovered panel. The Discovery Agent will begin to download in your browser.
When the Discovery Agent has downloaded to your device, you can install it.
Install the Discovery Agent on User Devices
You need to install the Discovery Agent MSI package on each of your devices. When the package is installed, the Discovery Agent will perform a device and data inventory. It will then securely upload the information to Endpoint Cloud.
- The device needs to have Internet access (as the Discovery Agent needs to connect to Endpoint Cloud).
- The device must use a Windows operating system, Windows 7 or later. (A Mac version is coming soon).
- Firewalls and proxy servers should allow the connection. You may need to whitelist endpointcloud.com and the full path to your Endpoint Cloud tenant. Example: https://silveroaks.endpointcloud.com (where silveroaks is replaced by your organization name).
You can install the Discovery Agent manually at each device or remotely.
Install the Discovery Agent Manually
Install the MSI package on each end-user device (by running the MSI file on each user's computer).
You may want to move the MSI package into a shared folder that can be accessed by all of the devices. Alternatively, you could put the MSI package on a memory stick and transfer it between devices that way.
Automatically Deploy the Discovery Agent
You can install the MSI package to the devices remotely, by using the Active Directory Group Policy feature or a third party application. For details, please contact Cibecs support (email@example.com).